Michael J. Halprin J.D.
1806 South Broad Street
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19145
Michael J. Halprin, Esquire, is the owner of HalprinLaw, a law firm that concentrates on the filing of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, mortgage workouts and predatory lending, with a focus on helping people save their homes from Sheriff’s Sales. Mr. Halprin is one of the top bankruptcy filers in the City of Philadelphia. Much of his success can be attributed to the referrals received from churches, community organizations and clients.
Mr. Halprin graduated cum laude from the University of Pennsylvania Law School and has served the people of Philadelphia and surrounding counties for over 23 years. Michael J. Halprin is a member of the National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys, the Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference, and the Bankruptcy Committee of the Philadelphia Bar Association.
- Owner of HalprinLaw, a law firm that concentrates on the filing of Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 bankruptcies, with a focus on helping people to save their homes from Sheriff’s Sales.
- Practice also includes mortgage workouts and predatory lending.
Volunteers of America Delaware Valley, Inc.
- Guided this organization through a successful Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization and assumed full responsibility for all legal transactions and litigation.
- Responsibilities also included serving as a member of the management team, supervising outside counsel, negotiating and drafting loan, real estate and constructions agreements, arranging government contracts, and program review.
Spector Gadon & Rosen
- Served as originating attorney in charge of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy reorganization of Volunteers of America Delaware Valley, Inc. Worked closely with the company’s CEO in modifying existing contracts, implementing new programs, and successfully converting the company’s operating deficit into an operating surplus.
- Handled bankruptcy reorganizations and liquidations, and loan workouts.
Mesirov, Gelman, Jaffe, Cramer & Jamieson
- As originating attorney and attorney in charge, represented Federal Insurance Company in successfully taking over multiple construction projects from a debtor in bankruptcy reorganization and resolving Federal’s $90 million claim against contractors.
- Responsibilities also included bankruptcy, business reorganizations, asset-based lending, and general business transactions.
Rawle & Henderson
- Structured a complex set of transactions involving limited partnerships and joint ventures for the purchase, reconstruction and operation of multiple manufacturing facilities as part of a bankruptcy reorganization plan.
- Handled transactions and litigation in the areas of bankruptcy, creditors’rights, lending, and real estate.
University of Pennsylvania Law School.
J.D. (cum laude) 1983.
New College of the University of South Florida.
Sarasota, FL. B.A. 1980 in Psychology.
Graduated in upper 2% of class.
- Regularly attend continuing legal education courses.
- Pennsylvania, 1983
- U.S. Court of Appeals, 3rd Circuit
- U.S. District Court – Eastern District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – Middle District of Pennsylvania
- U.S. District Court – Western District of Pennsylvania
- National Association of Consumer Bankruptcy Attorneys
- Eastern District of Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Conference
- Philadelphia Bar Association, Bankruptcy Law Committee
May 26, 1958, Philadelphia, PA
Call Us Now at 215-475-5219 for a Free, initial Phone Consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.
We are able to meet the needs of the Vietnamese and Spanish-speaking communities.