Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
Pennsylvania Chapter 13 Bankruptcy Attorney
The Philadelphia, Pennsylvania lawyers of HalprinLaw Offices, LLC specialize in representing the legal needs of our clients and their businesses in the Philadelphia, Pennsylvania area.
Our firm is highly experienced in the nuances and requirements of Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions. As with our Chapter 7 filings, we have as we have 70 plus years of combined experience in filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy petitions for clients in Philadelphia and the surrounding areas, including Delaware, Montgomery, Bucks, and Chester counties.
If you are behind on your mortgage payments or have assets that you could lose by filing Chapter 7 bankruptcy, you can protect your property and obtain debt relief by filing Chapter 13 bankruptcy.
Chapter 13 is a repayment plan. It is a federal law designed to help single and married individuals (including owners of businesses) repay a portion of their debts with dignity and peace of mind. A plan for the repayment of debts is created by you and your attorney and confirmed by the Court. Only Chapter 13 bankruptcy gives you the full protection of U.S. bankruptcy laws. The process of creating the plan and getting it confirmed by the Court takes about six months. Upon successful completion of the plan, the bankruptcy is discharged. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy filing may:
- Allow you to stop the foreclosure on and Sheriff’s sale of your home.
- Give you up to five years to catch up on your mortgage and real estate tax payments
- Allow you to take up to five years to pay off the lesser of the value of your vehicle or the actual amount owing on your vehicle. And it may reduce the interest rate you are being charged
- Stop the repossession of your vehicle.
- Stop the IRS from garnishing your wages and eliminate penalties and additional interest.
- Allow for the repayment of child support arrearages (excluding interest).
- Eliminate credit card and other unsecured debts with no or greatly reduced payments.
The Chapter 13 bankruptcy attorneys at HalprinLaw Offices are here to help!
For more information on bankruptcy, call for a Free Consultation with a Pennsylvania Bankruptcy Lawyer .
Chapter 13 Bankruptcy may be appear confusing, however, the bankruptcy attorneys at HalprinLaw specialize in Bankruptcy Law. Contact our offices to speak with a Philadelphia Lawyer for a no-cost evaluation of your bankruptcy case. Call 215-475-5219 or toll free 1-866-86-HALPRIN or at
Call Us Now at 215-475-5219 for a Free, initial Phone Consultation.
We are a debt relief agency. We help people file for bankruptcy relief under the bankruptcy code.
We are able to meet the needs of the Vietnamese and Spanish-speaking communities.